Dry Rubbed Smoked Brisket
Brisket is one of the best cuts of beef for smoking. Follow our step-by-step instructions on how to smoke perfect brisket in your smoker.
- 12 pound uncured brisket 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup smoked paprika
- 6 TBS chili powder
- 6 TBS kosher salt
- 4 TBS cracked black pepper
- 4 TBS ground cumin
- 2 TBS garlic or onion powder
- 2 TBS dried oregano
- 2 TBS ground coriander
- 2 tsps cayenne pepper (alter to your liking)
- Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- Mesquite or hickory wood chips
- Remove brisket from packaging, pat dry. Trim excess fat to 1/4 inch thickness. Place on sheet pan.
- Mix dry seasonings, coat beef generously. Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate 15 mins to 4 hours.
- Preheat smoker to 225°F. Bring brisket to room temp.
- Fill water bowl halfway with apple cider vinegar, add wood chips.
- Place brisket on middle rack, fat side up. Insert thermometer, set timer for 10 hours.
- Check water bowl and wood chips hourly.
- Check meat temp after 9 hours, aim for 190°F to 200°F.
- Rest meat covered on cutting board for 15 mins to 2 hours before slicing and serving.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
CALORIES: 1398 TOTAL FAT: 86g SATURATED FAT: 34g TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 41g CHOLESTEROL: 481mg SODIUM: 2243mg CARBOHYDRATES: 17g FIBER: 5g SUGAR: 8g PROTEIN: 133g