Insanely Good Basic Smoked Hamburgers
Smoking hamburgers may seem like a waste of time but trust me, it is worth the extra cook time and a minimal amount of planning ahead.
COOK TIME1 hours
1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 Lbs. ground beef chuck
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Slices of provolone, cheddar, or American cheese (optional)
- Rolls for serving
- Remove 2 smoker racks for burger placement. Preheat smoker to 225°F, add wood chips and water. Open top vent.
- Shape ground beef into 1/2" thick, 5-6 oz patties. Place on racks, season generously with salt and pepper.
- Insert racks into preheated smoker. Smoke burgers 60-90 mins until internal temp reaches 150-160°F. Check at 60 mins. Add more wood chips and water if needed.
- For cheeseburgers, add cheese 10-15 mins before smoking time ends. Continue smoking with cheese on top.
- Serve burgers with toppings like onions, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, or mustard.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
CALORIES: 707 TOTAL FAT: 45g SATURATED FAT: 18g TRANS FAT: 2g
UNSATURATED FAT: 20g CHOLESTEROL: 218mg SODIUM: 565mg CARBOHYDRATES: 4g FIBER: 0g SUGAR: 1g PROTEIN: 66g